Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall Feeling


Went hunting yesterday afternoon and set up in a spot that I had rarely hunted before. Found a great funnel between thickets and had acorn dropping all around me! Settling into the stand I was enjoying a peaceful afternoon when I noticed a doe at 40 yards, then another, then another....they fed in front of me for some time and a small buck appeared at 60 yards feeding away from me. The does continued to move around me and then I heard the buck start grunting. Suddenly 3 more does came out at 50 yards and started feeding on acorns. Finally a doe fed to 15 yards and I took the shot, she ran a short distance and then piled up! I got another arrow ready in case the buck showed back up and guess what he did!! I was watching him out of range, when I heard something to my right. It was a grey fox running under my stand. I noticed that my pull rope started bobbing up and down like I had a fish on it, I guess the fox either got tangled or pulled on it to see what it was. I don't know, because my attention was focused on the buck and the buck was focused on the fox. Daylight ran out and the buck never presented a shot. I got down and retrieved my arrow and my deer! There is absolutely nothing short of heaven than bow hunting in October! Thank you Lord for all your blessings!

No comments: