Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010 Ice Breaker
















I awoke to 16 degrees on January 9. Young and I had a duck hunt at Trimcane and we knew it was going to be tough one. Temps had been this way for a week and we came prepared. Sledgehammer, axe, and rake. We were the only ones to arrive to hunt so we took our hole and found a really nice spot next to the levee with good cover. We cut a large hole in the ice and boy did the ducks love it. We had shooting (notice I did not say killing) all morning long with the last duck being killed around 11am. It even snowed most of the morning making it an awesome experience. We brought out 6 ducks....1 greenhead ,2 greenwing teal, 1 bluewing teal, 1 ringneck and 1 merganser. It was so cold that I had to hover over the heater to make the zipper on my coat work......but man it was heaven!

No comments: