Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good End to a Bad Start


I was hunting shortly before Christmas during the Primative Weapon season and at daylight had three deer running a ridge in front of me.....I wondered to myself...now what in the world has them stirred up? I found out shortly as a coyote appeared. I said to myself "You come on out here big boy and see what you get!" Sure enough he did and he found out! I reloaded and about two hours later I was looking to my right and heard a grunt to my left. I eased around and there this 8 pt stood about 50 yards away and started closing the distance....I had to shoot him right handed, but he dropped in his tracks....man that 45/70 is wicked. Anyway I sat in the stand until 10:00 making sure that a doe did not come out because I love those backstraps. Good PW kill 13 1/2" spread. Forgot my phone at home so had to drive right down Hwy 12 to Leanne's office to get a pic, then decided to take it by MA's school to get her approval, which she did.

No comments: